Mindful Agile Leadership
How Mindfulness Enables Enables Authentic Agile Leadership
Is this you?
- Striving to build an awesome agile culture and positive team environment?
- Juggling countless tasks and multiple stakeholders in a volatile environment with little or no time?
- Unsure whether the decisions you make are the best to deliver successful business outcomes?
Agile leaders, SCRUM masters and coaches are responsible for building a culture of collaboration and teamwork. Embodying the agile mindset, agile leaders must walk the walk and set a shining example of how to be truly agile, not simply go through the motions. Agile leaders need to build a supportive environment that allows teams to thrive and overcome obstacles, while continuously improving and finding opportunities for growth. However, it is challenging to understand how best to enable teams whilst managing the expectations of stakeholders in an environment of constant change and uncertainty.
The most effective agile leaders are those who invest in their own personal development. Transparent, flexible, adaptive and supportive, agile leaders encourage teams to become autonomous and high performing. Core personal skills such as self-awareness, emotional self-management, and social awareness are the basis of emotional intelligence, which is a key indicator of leadership success. Mindfulness is a foundational skill that can help deepen emotional intelligence and lead to more effective agile leadership.
Mindfulness is the quality of being fully conscience or aware. Beyond simple awareness, you will learn how mindfulness helps you to show up as the very best leader you can be. Mindfulness improves focus, enables clearer thinking and better decision making. You will learn how to apply mindfulness techniques to become a more inspirational and effective agile leader.
By attending this workshop you will understand:
- How mindfulness benefits mental well-being.
- Why mindfulness is important to agile leadership.
- How mindfulness helps build resilience, enables clearer thinking and improves decision making.
- How to apply mindfulness practices in your day-to-day work.
- Welcome and introductions.
- What is mindfulness.
- The various aspects of mindfulness.
- Informal mindfulness.
- Formal mindfulness.
- Exercises to practice various mindfulness techniques.
- The neuroscience behind mindfulness.
- The benefits of mindfulness.
- The agile mindset.
- The agile leadership role.
- Agile leadership principles.
- Mindful leadership practices.
- Applying mindfulness to drive collaboration.
- Mindful communication.
- Mindful facilitation techniques.
- Mindful agile in practice.
- Implementing mindfulness in your role.
- Everyday mindfulness techniques.
Washington DC, USA
Tuesday August 13, 2019
Friday September 27, 2019
Details coming soon for:
- Melbourne and Sydney
Contact us to find out more.
- 1 day
- Project Managers
- Program and Portfolio Managers
- Executives and senior leaders
- Agile Coaches / Scrum Masters
- Business Analysts
- Anyone who plays a Leadership
role in an Agile Environment